You might be surprised with the fact that our way of eating is responsible, to a greater extent, for so many diseases ranging from over-weight to diabetes and heart problems. Sometimes knowing and applying even a small thing can save you from big problems. Thus your knowledge regarding the healthy diet will be of great importance for you.
To ensure you are in tune with the Science of Healthy Diet, ensure you are following checkpoints in your diet:
- Two servings of fresh seasonal fruit. One serving is approximately 100 grams or one moderate fruit.
- Four servings of vegetables—freshly cooked or as a salad.
- A handful of sprouts.
- A lemon a day as an early morning drink with warm water or squeezed over salads.
- A bowl of curd or buttermilk.
- Vary your choice of cereals. Replace the wheat roti at least three-four times a week.
- Vegetarians should eat one bowl of dal every day for the proteins.
- A fistful of nuts and dry fruits.
- Strict vegetarians should eat flaxseed or also for the Omega three fatty acid content.
- Drink water at the right time.
- Avoid cold drinks and iced preparations with meals.
- Try to eat when you are in a relaxed state of mind, offering the food to God before eating helps to calm down the mind.
- Eat only when you are hungry; if you maintain the proper schedule you will naturally feel hunger in time.
- Follow the dictum, “Eat liquid and drink solid”.
- Do not overeat. Get up from the table when you are still hungry.
- Rest a while after lunch.
- Take a comfortable stroll after dinner.