Naturopathy is a science of living that highlights on nature, nature based substances, and natural healing. This science believes in the complete approach of health that is attainable by assimilating the nature’s laws, rules of good conduct, developing a positive attitude, practicing Yogic exercises, and meditating on God. It also believes that unless there is coherence between the body, mind, and soul aspects, none can dream a healthy and active life.
As Naturopathy is the multidisciplinary approach, it fully attempts at exploiting the healing power of natural resources like foods and vegetables, medicinal herbs, soil, water, and air to let the body heal itself. It entirely discards biomedicine of Allopathy. Naturopaths always advocate on the preventing via reducing stress and adopting lifestyle. They rarely recommend medical treatments, ionizing radiation, and surgery. They have the following key values as their main beliefs while treating—
- Do no harm: Minimize harmful side effects and avoid suppression of symptoms
- Healing power of nature: Try to find out and remove hindrances to the body’s natural processes for keeping and restoring health.
- Treat the cause: Identify and remove the causes of illness instead of eliminating or suppressing symptoms.
- Physician as a teacher: Educate the patients and encourage them for self-responsibility of own health.
- Treat the whole person: Consider all aspects like physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, genetic, environmental, etc. when healing the patients
- Prevention: Evaluate risk factors and cooperate with the patients and try to prevent ailments.